You guys know I am a huge fan of using crescent rolls in my recipes. I’ve made pizza rolls, apple pies, and other dishes I have yet to share using them. I made this next recipe for Father’s Day, and it is inspired by my Dad’s love for both lemon desserts and cheesecake.
Lemon desserts are so light and refreshing. The citrus flavor is perfect for summer. These lemon cheesecake crescent rolls are the perfect mix of tart and sweet with their creamy cheesecake filling.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel (from 1 large lemon or packaged seasoning)
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Additional grated lemon peel, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, granulated sugar and 4 teaspoons lemon peel with electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed and no lumps remain.
- Unroll dough. Spread 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture over each piece of dough.
- Roll up the crescent rolls and place on cookie sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Now it’s time to make your glaze. In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice. You can add additional lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon at a time until your mixture is thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm crescent roll-ups, and garnish with additional grated lemon peel. Serve warm.
What are your favorite summer desserts? Leave a comment below!
Thanks for reading!
XO- Samantha Leigh