If you love buffalo chicken dip like me, you have to try this spicy take on stuffed shells! This dish is perfect for a football Sunday tailgate or when you need some cheesy comfort food. Honestly, this recipe is so good; I find any excuse to make it. Just last weekend I made it for my boyfriend’s birthday. It’s one of his favorite treats.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 pound ground chicken
1/4 cup butter
1 cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce or your favorite hot sauce
* In my opinion 1 cup of this makes the dish very spicy if you’re not a fan of hot foods you may want to use less
1 (16 ounce) container whipped ricotta cheese
1 package jumbo pasta shells
1 cup shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
salt and ground black pepper to taste
Here’s how to make this spicy take on stuffed shells
- Cook ground chicken in skillet on medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Melt butter in the skillet with the cooked chicken. Stir in hot sauce and remove from heat.
3.Squeeze as much moisture from the ricotta cheese using paper towels; put drained cheese in a large bowl. Add chicken mixture to the cheese and stir then refrigerate for 30 minutes. Some recipes say to wait until this mixture is completely chilled, about 3 hours but I don’t think you need to wait that long.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
5. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta shells in the boiling water until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 10 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water so they are no longer hot.
6. Spoon chicken mixture into cooked pasta shells and arrange into the prepared baking dish.
7. Sprinkle shredded cheese blend over the stuffed shells; season with salt and pepper.
8. Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is slightly melted and the stuffing is hot in the middle, 15 to 20 minutes.
What’s your favorite buffalo chicken recipe?