It’s Friday and you’re craving a big juicy cheeseburger! What do you do? You could order in and blow money and your waistline. Or you could make this quick and easy meal that won’t kill your budget or your diet. I got this recipe from weightwatchers.com but switched ground beef to ground turkey, making it even healthier. (8 points on WeightWatchers)
This meal is a great treat after a long week. I even packed it for lunch for a few days. To make this healthy and delicious meal see below.
Whole wheat tortilla wraps
Low-fat cheddar cheese
2 pounds of ground turkey * I was cooking for the week so you may just want to use 1 pound.
3 green peppers
half of a purple onion
chipotle sauce *optional
1: chop onion and peppers and set aside in bowl
2. Add turkey meat and chopped veggies in a skillet and cook until done. I seasoned mine with sage, salt, pepper, garlic and Italian seasonings.
3. While that’s cooking preheat oven to 450 degrees
4. Place two wraps down on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray
5. Top wraps with meat (make sure it is even across the wrap) and cheese (about 3 tbsp)
6. Bake for about 5-7 minutes
7. Add your toppings: tomatoes and romaine lettuce. You can add more if you like.
8. Drizzle ketchup and chipotle sauce
9. Cut into slices and enjoy!