Ok, so I have to admit when I first heard of the burger bowl idea I was a little skeptical. Skeptical, but still intrigued. I was all on board for a healthified burger in a bowl sans the bun. The one thing throwing me off though was the pickles. I mean, a burger bowl is basically a salad, and I didn’t feel right putting pickles in my salad!
But I decided to give it a shot and it was so good! If you’re skeptical like me, you have to give this a try too. Here’s my recipe below!
- Romaine lettuce
- Coleslaw mix
- Pickles of your choice (I chose bread and butter)
- Cooked ground beef
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Thousand Island dressing
- Garlic powder
- Worchestire sauce
- Season ground beef with 1 tablespoon of garlic powder and 1 tablespoon of Worchestire sauce.
- Cook until brown and drain any excess liquid.
- Chop salad ingredients and add everything to a large bowl
- Drizzle with dressing and serve
Thanks for reading!
XO – Samantha Leigh