With the holidays right around the corner I thought it was good time to share these 3 easy cheese appetizers. They have very few ingredients and don’t take very long to prepare; making them the perfect addition to any holiday spread. Whether you’re attending a work potluck, a get-together with neighbors, or celebrating with friends and family these won’t disappoint.
Goat Cheese Log with Honey, Pistachio, and Fig
- 1 medium log goat cheese or 2-3 smaller ones ( approx. 11 oz.)
- roasted pistachios,chopped
- fig spread or fig jam
- Dried cranberries
Here’s how to make this Goat Cheese Log with Honey, Fig, and Pistachios
- Chop up pistachios and place them on plate. Add a few dried cranberries. You can also do with out if you don’t like dried cranberries.
- Roll a goat cheese log on the pistachio and cranberries to coat the cheese. Place on a serving tray.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Place fig spread in microwave for 10-15 seconds and drizzle over goat cheese.
- Serve with crackers
Caramel Apple Cheese Ball
- ¾ cup walnuts
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temp
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ medium green apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce, plus extra for drizzle
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
*In order to make a cheese ball this size I doubled the ingredients.
- Toast walnuts in a pan over medium-high heat just until browning starts, stirring often; about 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely, then chop or crush walnut into small pieces.
- In a bowl, stir together softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir in apple, nutmeg and caramel until ingredients are evenly incorporated. Use hands to roll into a ball shape.
- Roll your cheese ball over the crushed walnuts to coat. I tossed mine in a bowl, but you could also spread walnut pieces on a plate or flat surface to coat the ball as well. Drizzle top with extra caramel sauce and serve with crackers.
Cream Cheese and Bacon Dip
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 3-4 green onions, diced, if you don’t have green onions you can sprinkle in garlic powder
- 8 slices of crispy bacon, crumbled or for a shortcut use prepackaged bacon bits
You won’t believe how easy it is to make this dip.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then spread into a small glass dish. Then, top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and serve with chips or crackers! (That’s it!)
Which cheese app is your favorite? Leave a comment below!