Hi Guys! I’m back with another recipe that’s perfect for dinner, lunch or even meal prepping. This recipe is easy to make and is packed with great flavor. These greek style turkey burgers are filled with so much, that I got about 12 burgers out one pound of turkey.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 large onion (purple would be ideal or white. I had white on hand and it was delish!)
- 1 large green pepper
- Half a can of olive kalamata or black
- 1 large egg
- About ⅓ cup of breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup of feta cheese or more for your liking
- Italian season and garlic powder to season
- Chop up your onion, pepper, and olives into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to combine ingredients. Keep mixing until everything is evenly mixed.
- Spoon out small handfuls of this mixture and pat with your hands to form burgers. I try to make mine on the small, thin side to help with cooking them all the way through.
- Place formed patties on a parchment lined plate until you are ready to cook them.
- Now, I promised you two ways to make these yummy burgers, so here’s our first option, the oven.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly grease a baking sheet or dish and bake for about 30 minutes. Flipping the burgers about halfway through.
- You can call make these burgers in a skillet. Heat up a little bit of olive oil in your pan before placing down the burgers.
- Cook your burgers on low for about 4 minutes on each side until cooked all the way through and golden brown on the outside.
These burgers would be delicious on pita bread or hamburger buns. I personally served them over Mediterranean quinoa (pictured below). I found it in the frozen aisle of Aldi. All I had to do was cook it in the microwave for 6 minutes. This made my meal prep so easy. I portioned out my lunches and added a little tzatziki sauce on the side. So yummy!
Check out my other loaded turkey burger recipe here: https://dishingupchic.com/2015/04/23/loaded-turkey-burgers/
Share your favorite burger recipe with me in a comment below!
Thanks for reading!
XO – Samantha Leigh