This next recipe is great for when I am trying to cut down on carbs. It’s so hearty and packed with flavor that I don’t even miss them. It’s comfort food without as much guilt. It takes no time at all to make, and the cleanup is a breeze.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 bell pepper color of your choice
- 1 8 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups of green beans chopped
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 small yellow onion
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and minced garlic over medium-high heat.
- Add your ground turkey and break it up into small pieces.
- When your ground turkey is almost cooked through, add your onion and cook until onions are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add in your peppers, green beans, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Cover skillet and cook until tenders.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. You could also add crushed red pepper if you like it spicy.
- Serve warm. 🙂
Thanks for reading!
XO- Samantha Leigh