Am I the only one addicted to saving food videos to my Facebook page? I swear I go online for one second and next thing you know I’ve watched more videos than I’d like to mention. Who can blame me, though right? The food looks so delicious, so easy to make and there’s always a catchy tune.
Finally, I’ve decided to put one to the test and try making it myself. I try my best to prep meals for the week so, when I saw the Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls by Eazy Peazy Mealz & Travelz I knew I found the one.
I was pleased to learn this recipe was as easy and delicious as the Facebook video made it seem. To see my take on Eazy Peazy’s meal continue reading…..
First here’s what you’ll need:
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 1/2 cup broccoli florets *I didn’t have fresh broccoli so, I used frozen it came out great.
1 small red onion, chopped
1 cup plum tomatoes
1 medium zucchini, chopped
2 tsp garlic minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp basil
2 tsp marjoram
2 tsp rosemary
2 tsp thyme
1 tsp. paprika
2 Tbs olive oil
2-4 cups cooked rice of choice (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside
2. Mix salt, pepper, basil, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, and paprika in a small bowl
3. Chop Chicken and veggies, then place everything on the baking dish. Sprinkle the spices and garlic evenly over the chicken and veggies. Drizzle with the olive oil
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked, and veggies are slightly charred
5. Broil 1-2 minutes to brown chicken and crisp your veggies some more
6. Place ½ or 1 cup of cooked rice of choice into 4 individual meal prep containers.
7. Divide chicken and veggies evenly on top of the rice.
* This meal can be stored in the fridge for 3- 5 days.
Or… If you’re like me and couldn’t wait to eat this yummy dish, you can always serve it for dinner.