Puppy Chow Aka Muddy Buddies is one of my favorite treats. It’s one of those desserts that I’ll keep saying to myself, “Just one more bite” as I continue to reach in the bag.
I love picking up this treat on a road trip, but it’s also really easy to make at home. I also love that you can make it festive for any holiday or occasion by adding sprinkles or colored chocolate candies, like M&Ms. This time around, I’m making it for Valentine’s Day.
If you need a last-minute treat for the special occasion, this is a perfect one because it doesn’t take a lot of time, ingredients, or money to make. It would be super cute to scoop this out into decorated baggies and give out to your Valentines.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 9 cups Chex Cereal
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Sprinkles of your choice
- Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute, then stir until melted and creamy.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a large bowl or Ziploc container with a cover, pour chocolate mixture over cereal. Cover and shake until cereal is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over cereal. Cover and shake until evenly coated.
- Add candies and sprinkles of your choice.
- Serve up in a bowl or divide into smaller treats!
What’s your favorite Valentine’s Day Treat? Leave a comment below!
Thanks for reading!