First off, I can’t believe that Memorial Day is next weekend. Seriously, where has the time gone? I’m really excited for the upcoming summer season and looking forward to spending time relaxing, doing more outdoors and going on some day trips to the shore.
Before I get too far ahead of myself, I want to share a great dip recipe with you that is perfect for Memorial Day barbecues. It is a blanco queso dip, with diced tomatoes, that you can serve with blue tortilla chips (hence, that name red, white, and blue queso dip) Aren’t I so festive?
The dip takes about 15-20 minutes to make, and I promise you, your barbecue guests will probably eat in the same amount of time. I made this for a family party last weekend, and it was gone before I could refill the chip bowl.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound of white american cheese (found in the deli section)
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 10 oz can of Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2-4 tablespoons of milk
- Cut your american cheese and cream cheese into cubes.
- Add cheeses and Ro-tel to a medium to large pot and cook on your stove-top on medium for 10-15 minutes or until your cheese is melted and texture is smooth.
- Stir in your milk to get your desired consistency and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve and top with cilantro.
I hope you enjoy!
What are your plans for the summer? Leave a comment below with your favorite barbecue food!
Thanks for reading!
XO- Samantha Leigh