I have to admit, I have never made a stuffed chicken recipe before but, I found this recipe on I Wash You Dry (one my favorite blogs/inspo) and I decided to go for it! I was a little intimidated at first but found it quite easy once I started.
Here’s what you’ll need to recreate this yummy dish!
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 9 to 12 asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breast in half, length-wise, leaving it intact on one side so that you can stuff the chicken like a pocket. Season the inside of the chicken breast with salt and pepper and lemon zest. Place the provolone cheese and 3 to 4 stalks of asparagus in the center of each chicken breast and fold over so that the stuffing is in the middle of the top and bottom chicken breast.
- Season the outside of the chicken breast with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Heat a large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the 1 tbsp olive oil, to coat the bottom of the skillet. Cook the chicken top side down, for 3-5 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown.
- Flip the chicken to the other side and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully cover the skillet with tin foil and place in the preheated oven. Bake for another 15 minutes
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
Thanks for reading!