Oh hey, it’s been a minute since I popped on here to update my readers on my life. The past few months have blown by, but I would like to start sharing with all of you again. First, let’s talk about why I went on a hiatus from Dishing Up Chic.
I started this blog a couple of years ago for a few reasons:
- I had just fallen in love with cooking and wanted to share my recipes with friends and family that were asking for them.
- I needed a creative outlet because I was feeling somewhat stuck in a job I no longer enjoyed.
- I wanted to share my love for makeup and help friends that would text me asking for what new products were out or what I recommended for them.
- And lastly to have fun, spread happiness and share my story with whoever came across my little page.
It was never my intention to be famous or anything like that. But when you’re on Instagram scrolling through the vast array of blogger profiles, it’s hard not to compare when you see the perfectly edited photos, the likes, the engagement, the followers. I began to lose sight of why I started my blog in the first place. Soon it became another thing I had to do, and my content felt rushed. I was only posting because I felt like I had to keep up and pump out as many blogs as I could a month.
So I fell out of love with my blog and decided to take a step back and refocus some energy on myself and find other ways to find joy.
So here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Creating new healthy habits, like a new morning routine that helps me start the day on a positive note.
- Working out/running. Getting back into the gym and feeling motivated to keep up with it.
- Reading! I love to read, but I’ve struggled to time to get through books. The last book I read I could not put down though!
- Going for walks, the weather has been getting nicer and I have been walking around my cute town. I love being outside and walking on a nice night is super relaxing to me.
- Spending time with family and friends. I have so many fun and exciting events coming up too.
So, yeah, that’s what I’ve been up to! I hope to get back to dishing up some great recipes, sharing my favorite products and maybe, even whip up a cute craft that I can share here with all of you.
Leave a comment below telling me what you’ve been up to and if there anything you would like to see on Dishing Up Chic!
XO – Samantha Leigh
One thought on “Why I took a break from blogging and what I’ve been up to”
Happy you took some time for yourself. Thanks for sharing. xx
LikeLiked by 1 person