Cooking is one of my passions. I love trying new recipes and making the bellies of my loved-ones happy. There are times though, during busy weeks when cooking is the last thing I want to do. You know, the preparation, the cleanup, it all adds up. When I have a lot going on, I try to make my meals as simple and as easy as possible.
This next recipe is fresh and so easy, all you need is one baking sheet, so clean up is a breeze! Which means more time to enjoy other things that you love. Did I mention it only takes about 15-20 minutes to bake?
The flavors in this dish go together so well. I didn’t even make my favorite seafood sauce to go with it.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 and ½ pounds of salmon (skin on)
- 1 and ½ pounds of asparagus (medium to thin spears)
- ½ cup of parmesan
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (about 2 for the salmon and 1 for asparagus)
- ¾ tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of lemon herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- Small lemon sliced thin (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray your baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together olive oil, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and lemon herb seasoning.
- Place your salmon in the center of your pan and brush your salmon with that mixture.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- Use the remaining oil to toss with the asparagus. Place your asparagus around your salmon.
- *Optional: top asparagus and salmon with your sliced lemons.
- Bake in the oven. After 10 minutes, take out and toss the asparagus and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place back in the oven and cook for additional 10 minutes or so.
- If you’re like me and like your asparagus well done, you may want to place your dish back in the oven on high broil few a few extra minutes.
- Cut your salmon into pieces and serve warm.
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as I did! Leave a comment below if you would like to see more one pan recipes!
Thanks for reading!
XO- Samantha Leigh